SUBSCRIBE ON YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM
Hey everybody what’s up?
Today on the show I have Brendan Hufford. Brendan is an online business owner and an SEO specialist, meaning he’s working a full time job while running his online business. He’s also a husband and father, and has other small things on the side such as running Pat Flynn’s Facebook Community.
So first – you can understand why this is going to be a very interesting conversation and also see why I brought him on the show – because he’s a lot like me – running multiple operations and a family which I definitely appreciate.
We talk about online discoverability, breaking through the noise as an up and coming entrepreneur, we talk about networking, and of course practical SEO tips for us content creators.
Enjoy everybody! Let’s get this party started!
Links & Resources From The Show
Find Brendan at:
- Twitter – @BrendanHufford
- Google Brendan Hufford (check what comes up – it’s a strategy for yourself as well to send people to Google your name to “educate” Google for you)
- SEO for the Rest of Us
- 100dayofSEO.com (Take the challenge)
Books that came up:
- Crush it by Gary Vee
- The Thank You Economy by Gary Vee
- The Obstacle is the Way (if you’re still figuring things out)
- Ego is the Enemy (if you have a successful business)
- The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Badass – making users awesome
Other links mentioned:
- Brennan Dunn doubleyourfreelancing.com
- Joel Klettke – Business Casual Copywriting
- ahrefs – for SEO research (expensive but have a 7 day trial)
- Article – How to calculate your total addressable market
A strategy to know what to write about:
- Look for websites that got a lot of audience
- Check out their top pages
- What do you think people want when they get here? What are they searching on Google to get there?
A strategy to find keywords:
- Search a certain topic that you’re interested in writing about in different ways on Google
- Find the articles that keep popping up over and over again when you’re searching for that topic
- Explore those websites and find out where they get traffic from