SUBSCRIBE ON YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM
My guest today is Tommy Griffith. The thing I love about Tommy is that in a way we share similar stories. We’re both startup industry dropouts. Tommy used to do SEO for Paypal and Airbnb, but in the meanwhile he build a massive side project that, at a point, allowed him to quit his day job. Now – Tommy travels around the world, and runs an online digital marketing training program.
In this conversation we talked about his story of how he built a massive online business while still working in the tech startup world and how he eventually made the leap and left his day job to work on this full time.
We also talk about SEO and the reality of SEO nowadays, and how everything we do connects to who we want to serve.
Super interesting conversation and I’m sure it would give you a lot of insights if you’re working or considering starting your own online business while having a day job.
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast:
(Android users – https://sagishrieber.com/android)
Links & Resources From The Show
Notes from the show:
- Explore the term ‘Exit velocity’
- SEO is no longer just google and on your desktop, it’s on mobile too and we have to take that under consideration.
- We have to consider there are all kinds of SEO nowadays, for each platform: Youtube SEO, amazon SEO, Pinterest SEO
- When you build any business – anything you do must come out of your Customer Avatar (Persona)
- Overinvest in keyword research. Do it over a weekend or a couple days.
- Use KWfinder and:
– Total Addressable market sizing
– Think what they would be searching for. What are the terms that people actually type into the search bar of your selected platform?
– Put everything into google sheet.
- Book recommendation: The 4 Hour Work Week – by Tim Ferriss
- Tommy’s website: https://www.clickminded.com
- Tommy’s article about his story, including revenue numbers, sharing the successes as well as the devastating failures – https://www.clickminded.com/burning-the-boats
- Naval’s tweetstorm about entrepreneurship – You HAVE to read this. This is gold.
- @tommygriffith on Twitter